Last Update: 30th October 2019
Privacy and Cookies Policy
Who we are
Almond Media Group Ltd (hereinafter called Almond Media) is a media agency, providing advertising and lead generation services to our advertiser clients and conducts the following principal activities: Mobile marketing services, electronic mail marketing, web publicity displays, advertising campaigns and affiliate marketing to promote a wide range of services and/or products on behalf of ourselves and/or third parties. These third parties we typically refer to as our clients, partners, business partners, affiliates and we/they may operate in any business sector.
We also collect and archive data for research purposes for public benefit and/or interest.
Furthermore we may process your data in order to provide you with the services you have requested or, where you have given us consent to do so, to send you information that we think you’ll find interesting and we store your data on what are considered secure servers.
We work within the guidelines and advice provided by the ICO, the regulator of the Data Protection Act 2018 and within GDPR and Australian Privacy Principles (APP) guidelines.
This policy outlines how Almond Media will use the information (known as data) that you provide, whether by completing a contact form, a registration form, a request form, a membership form or using any part of its website/s.
- only sharing and providing access to your information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymised basis wherever possible.
- using secure servers to store your information;
- verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to information prior to granting them access to information
Company Information and Definitions
- Almond Media Group Ltd referred to herein as Almond Media
- Company Registration Number: 11958245 Registered in the UK
- Website address: http://almond media.co.uk
- Address: B6 Westbourne Grove Terrace, London W2 5SD
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Data Controller is: Almond Media Group Ltd. You may contact the data controller at: email@example.com
- Data Processor:Contact the Data Processor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles for processing personal data
Our aims for processing your personal data are as follows: We may collect your personal data to help us understand your needs and guide the way in which we communicate/interact with you about ours and third parties’ products and services (subject to your consent). We aim to comply with policies and procedures that are in place to protect the data (information) that you provide when registering to our site/s, and we process it for the purpose of providing you with the services you have requested and/or where you have given us your permission to do so; to send you information that we think you will find interesting or useful.
Whenever we save data, our aim is for your information to be stored on what are considered secure servers. We seek to comply within the guidelines/advice made available by:
- ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) Data Protection Act 2018
- APP (Australia Privacy Principles)
- Fairness and lawfulness. When we process personal data, our aim is for individual rights of Data Subjects to be protected.
- Restricted to a specific purpose. The personal data of a Data Subject will be processed for specific purposes.
- Transparency. The Data Subject can, upon request be informed of how your data is being collected, processed, used.
What personal data we collect and process
Almond Media collects several different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal Data may include one or more of the following:
- Email address
- First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Phone Number
- Full, partial or IP (Internet Protocol address)
- Date of Birth
- Proxy data such as hobbies, leisure activities, physical description, location, behavioural data especially with regard to shopping
- User name and passwords collected or used on our websites
We will endeavour to keep your personal data as secure as reasonably possible. The security of your personal information is important to us.
How we use the personal data
Almond Media uses collected personal data for various purposes and includes:
- To provide you with services
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or products and that of our clients and business partners
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Mobile marketing services promoting a range of products and services
- Email marketing
- Web publicity marketing and advertising displays
- Newsletters about company news, third party products and/or third party services
- Marketing campaigns via the internet, email marketing/alerts/newsletters/advertising/affiliate marketing
- Third party marketing and advertising campaigns
- Almond Media may use the information that you provide, whether by completing a contact form, a registration, subscribe and/or membership form or visiting any part of its website/s.
- With your consent, we may share, rent, sell your personal data or entire our database to our partners, clients and for any commercial purpose including marketing, advertising which may include direct communication to your email, address, phone, sms, post for any product or service from our business partners and clients.
- Research archiving and sharing for public benefit and/or interest
- When you register with us, you consent to us sending PII (Personal identifiable information) about you to our clients, business partners whom we work with and we may share, sell or rent such information for marketing purposes.
- Share your information with third parties as required to provide the service or product you have requested
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process and other legitimate legal requirements.
Basis for collecting and processing personal data
Almond Media’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this Data Protection Policy depends on the personal data we collect and the specific context in which we collect the information:
- Almond Media performs a contract with you
- You have given Almond Media permission to do so
- Processing your personal data is in Almond Media’s legitimate interests
- Almond Media aims to comply with the law
Retention of personal data
Almond Media will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Data Protection Policy. Almond Media will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Your co-operation in helping us to keep your data accurate by informing us of any address, phone or name change is important to the integrity of your data and a key part of our policy.
We conduct period reviews based on recommended minimisation protocol for your information to be securely erased when no longer required.
Exceptions to general rules on data retention include court orders, litigation holds, federal/state holds and other legal requirements.
Exceptions also include when we archive data for research purposes for public benefit or interest.
Data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have certain data protection rights. If you would like to be removed from our systems, please contact us at: email@example.com While you may request your data to be removed by another method of your choosing, this is the method we strongly recommend.
We allow you to challenge the data we have about you, and where appropriate, you may have the data:
- amended or rectified
- withdraw consent, de-register, unsubscribe
- access (request a copy) or update the information
We may require proof of your identity to do any of the above under this clause for the security purposes of the Subject Data.
Our response time for getting a copy of the data we hold on you is 30 days from the date of receipt of the request. If this data is encrypted, we are obliged to send you a decipher key but are not obliged to unencrypt ourselves or provide encryption services. This is for the security of data.
Privacy regarding minors/children
We do not knowingly collect personal data from humans under the age of 18. If you are considered a minor or a child under the law, please immediately close this website and do not revisit.
Your Acceptance of These Policies and Terms
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us and to our privacy, cookie and child policy. This policy may be updated from time to time and we will post any changes on this page. We recommend you check for any updates. This policy does not apply to companies that we have no control over or do not own or to third parties.
Cookies and Other Storage Technologies
How to disable cookies on your browser: Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help material.
Certain parts of Almond Media’s website may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.
The following describes how you can take control of your browser cookies. We recommend you search for the latest edition of these instructions on your relevant browser.